What is Freshman Founders?
Freshman Founders is a program designed for students who are new to the Forty Acres and ready to dive into the world of entrepreneurship. Our goal is to introduce and immerse incoming freshmen and transfer students into the both the Austin startup ecosystem and the burgeoning startup community at UT-Austin by connecting people, hosting events, and offering unique learning opportunities. Freshman Founders is divided into two programs: Accelerator and Incubator. Through both programs, freshmen are able to attend exclusive events, meet and network with important entrepreneurs, and learn new skills in order to develop as founders. For those interested in the Freshman Founders program, the application closes at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, 9/20.
What does it mean to be in Accelerator?
The vision of accelerator is to immerse students in entrepreneurship by empowering students to turn their ideas into companies.
What you will do:
- Learn by doing: build your own startup from the ground up.
- Gain access to an exclusive and learning environment with other entrepreneurially minded students.
- Attend weekly meetings and learn from Austin's top entrepreneurs.
- Seize opportunities to network with Austin founders and take advantage of outside resources.
- Build your skill set to become UT's next great entrepreneur through pitch competitions and other events
What does it mean to be in Incubator?
The vision of incubator is to introduce students to entrepreneurship by exposing them to startup environments and hands-on learning.
What you will do:
- Attend exclusive events in the Austin startup ecosystem.
- Learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurship from a variety of mentors with extensive entrepreneurial experience.
- Meet other talented students interested in entrepreneurship.
- Share your own ideas and perspectives and learn from others.
How do I get involved?
Sign up with the form below. You will receive a more detailed email from email@example.com about how to get started as well as further updates as things progress. The application closes at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, 9/20.